Marlborough District Council Environment Plan
Marlborough farmers: find out how proposed changes to the Marlborough District Council Environment Plan affect you and have your say.
Marlborough District Council has notified the new Marlborough Environment Plan. This plan sets out how natural resources will be managed in the Marlborough region, and will affect what activities you can and cannot do on your farm.
The plan covers regulation for activities such as:
- Stock access to waterways
- Effluent ponds
- Silage pits and stacks
- Vegetation clearance
Federated Farmers are hosting a series of meetings to help you understand how the plan will impact your farming activities and provide you with guidance on preparation of a submission.
Check the dates and times below for a meeting in your area.
- Wednesday 6 July Ward, from 7-9pm at Ward Hall
- Thursday 7 July Blenheim, from 1.30-4pm at Farmlands in Springlands, Blenheim (as part of Federated Farmers monthly provincial executive meeting)
- Thursday 7 July Renwick, from 7-9pm at the Giesen Sports & Events Centre
- Wednesday 13 July Seddon, from 7-9pm at the Awatere Memorial Hall
- Thursday 14 July Wairau Valley, from 1-3pm at Wairau Valley Hall
Dairy focused meetings in partnership with DairyNZ and Fonterra
- Tuesday 12 July Rai Valley, from 1-3pm at the Community Emergency Centre
- Tuesday 12 July Havelock, from 7-9pm at the Bowling Club
- Wednesday 13 July Tuamarina, from 1-3pm Dairy Factory